Maryland State Handgun Qualification License
What will you learn….
- State Firearm Law – Overview of the State firearm laws, including discussion of what constitutes a regulated firearm, how to properly purchase or transfer a firearm, where allowed to carry or transport a firearm, when necessary to possess a carry permit, who is prohibited from possessing firearms, and state law relating to minors, permissible levels of force, and use of deadly force.
- Home Firearm Safety – Overview of handgun and firearm safety in the home, including discussion of access to minors, locking and storing of firearms, and use of safety devices, such as secure lock boxes.
- Handgun Mechanisms and Operation – Overview of the proper operation and safe handling of a handgun, including cleaning and maintenance, the loading and unloading of ammunition, and the differences between revolvers and semi-automatic handguns.
- Operation and Handling Demonstration – Orientation component that demonstrates the person’s safe operation and handling of a firearm, to include a “live fire” component in which the applicant safely shoots the weapon. An applicant may not be required to fire in excess of 15 yards during qualifications. This for the 4 hour class only Firearms Safety Training for the MD Handgun Qualification License Safety Training required for the MD HQL taught by a MD Qualified Handgun Instructor.
The class covers:
- State Firearm Law
- Home Firearm Safety
- Handgun Mechanisms and Operation
- Operation and Handling Demonstration