We Specialize in the following areas:
Active Threat Training
PTTC is offering a 16 hours training course designed to address the threat of an active shooter and other violent critical incidents in a Federal, Local and or State building. This course will consist of class room/hands on weapons training. Officers will be introduced to the use of simulations. PTTC instructors will show the students how to contain hallways/rooms/ stairwells, team movement and how to make sound tactical decisions. Real world techniques taught by PTTC’s certified Active Shooter Instructors who are certified by several Active Shooter Training Agencies throughout the USA.
Learn from a PTTC Active Shooter Instructor, who was at the 2009 Holocaust shooting as a Team Leader for ERT (SWAT), and is a Subject Matter Expert in Active Shooter Training and Response Techniques. Learn how to demonstrate proper weapons discipline effectively, contain, arrest, and confront (Use of Lethal Force) in an Active Shooter Combatant situation. Proper Teamwork, Movement, Over Watch, Hand Signals. It is no secret that the actions of Officers during a critical incident can possible save more lives and what we call “Minimize Collateral Damage” when waiting for responding law enforcement officers. Statistically once the shooting starts a life is taken every 15 seconds. It is imperative officer’s act quickly when implementing their response.
In most cases once an active shooter subject is confronted either he/she gives up or takes his or her own life. These skills set coupled with basic firearm knowledge can be very effective survival tactics.
During this 16 hour course of instruction officers will receive presentations on Columbine High School, Holocaust shooting servers, PSO, LEO and SWAT operators who responded to those incidents. Hear first hand as to what went wrong, what went right and the lessons learned from each violent incident. Also included are informative presentations on the history and dynamics of school shootings, basic firearms, lock-down procedures and building relationships with local law enforcement.
DC RESIDENTS FIREARMS AWARENESS TRAINING
This 6-hour class is for any DC resident who has a desire to own and have a weapon in their place of residence. There will be classroom instruction on their constitutional 2ndAmendment Rights and the details regarding gun control laws within the District of Columbia as well as gun laws within Virginia and Maryland, and how these laws affect them. There will be classroom presentation and discussion of the legalities of purchasing, storing, transporting and using a firearm in self-defense situation.
Upon completion of this course, a certificate of completion will be signed by PTTC, certified by the Security Officer Management Branch. PTTC Firearms Instructor’s will conduct the required course as prescribed by the Metropolitan Police Department of the District of Columbia in compliance with the Firearms Safety Act of 1975 D.C. Code Title 7-2502.03 (13) (A). PTTC Firearms Instructors are certified by MPD to conduct the six hours of classroom instruction and 3 hours of range instruction.
We are available to assist you with choosing your handgun in compliance with the District of Columbia’s laws regarding proper registration, safe handling and storage. Now, if you have a firearm in your home, the PTTC certified instructors are available to educate the firearm owner about safety, mental preparation, proactive shooting skills, strategies for home and personal safety, self-awareness and the District of Columbia Law surrounding gun ownership.
PRIVATE FIREARMS INSTRUCTION
If you are interested in receiving one-on-one weapons training, PTTC certified Firearms Instructors can help you enhance your weapons handling skills and improve your overall shooting skills. We differentiate ourselves through operational excellence in responding to the critical need for quality training. Our instructors will work with you to develop targets that are tailored to your specific skill level and training goals.
PTTC will work with to find your weak areas and ensure that you strengthen you skill level in these areas. This private lesson will introduce the student to the fundamentals of firearms safety and weapons handling to properly develop the skills necessary to correctly handle a revolver and a semi-automatic handgun. This class includes the following equipment: rental of firearm, if you do not own a firearm, targets and ammunition.
Women Self Defense Training
Lecture and classroom discussion of the do’s and don’ts for today’s Street Smart Person. The student will also learn about the“Instinctive Reaction”Self Defensive Program.
MARYLAND STATE HANDGUN QUALIFICATION LICENSE
What will you learn….
- State Firearm Law – Overview of the State firearm laws, including discussion of what constitutes a regulated firearm, how to properly purchase or transfer a firearm, where allowed to carry or transport a firearm, when necessary to possess a carry permit, who is prohibited from possessing firearms, and state law relating to minors, permissible levels of force, and use of deadly force.
- Home Firearm Safety – Overview of handgun and firearm safety in the home, including discussion of access to minors, locking and storing of firearms, and use of safety devices, such as secure lock boxes.
- Handgun Mechanisms and Operation – Overview of the proper operation and safe handling of a handgun, including cleaning and maintenance, the loading and unloading of ammunition, and the differences between revolvers and semi-automatic handguns.
- Operation and Handling Demonstration – Orientation component that demonstrates the person’s safe operation and handling of a firearm, to include a “live fire” component in which the applicant safely shoots the weapon. An applicant may not be required to fire in excess of 15 yards during qualifications. This for the 4 hour class only Firearms Safety Training for the MD Handgun Qualification License Safety Training required for the MD HQL taught by a MD Qualified Handgun Instructor.
The class covers:
- State Firearm Law
- Home Firearm Safety
- Handgun Mechanisms and Operation
- Operation and Handling Demonstration
ACTIVE THREAT AWARENESS TRAINING FOR SCHOOLS/COLLEGES/OFFICE BUILDINGS
PTTC is offering a 2 hour classroom presentation that provides awareness and survival tips for school/colleges administrators, principals, teacher’s /professors/ students on some possible DO’s and DON’TS during an Active Shooter/Killer situation. What to expect when armed security or law enforcement response to an Active Shooter/Killer situation. Course topics covered include history and current events of Active Shooter Killer. What to do to increase possibility of survival tips ESCAPE/LOCK DOWN (Shelter-in-Place) HIDE/COVERT: FIGHT BACK